Frequently asked questions
What is Humidity?
Humidity is the amount of water vapor in the air.
Why is Singapore so humid?
Singapore is humid because it rains frequently, is close to the sea, has high temperatures due to proximity to the equator (water carrying capacity increases with temperature Glossary Terms for Air Conditioning and Heating Absolute Humidity) and huge reservoirs both surrounding and smack in the middle of the island
What is Dehumidification ?
Dehumidification is the process in which moisture is removed from the air. Dehumidification equipment will take the ambient air and will “treat” it before it is exhausted into the enclosure. The addition of heat to the air will merely reduce the relative humidity – it will not remove water from the air. Therefore, a heater is not a dehumidifier.
What is Dehumidifier?
A dehumidifier is an electrical appliance which reduces and maintains the level of humidity in the air, usually for health or comfort reasons, or to eliminate musty odor and to prevent the growth of mildew by extracting water from the air.
Where Dehumidifier is necessary?
It can be used for household, commercial, or industrial applications. Large dehumidifiers are used in commercial buildings such as indoor ice rinks and swimming pools, as well as manufacturing plants or storage warehouses.
How do I know that I need dehumidifier for my place?
Here are the signs which indicate that you need a dehumanizer …
Mold spots on the ceiling or corners
Mold spots on the ceiling or corners
Musty, mildew smells
Spring water run-off
What are the benefits of having Industrial dehumidifier ?
- Improve/regulate product quality: by maintaining the right temperature and humidity during the production process, you can prevent product stagnation and/or loss and considerably improve the quality of your product, for instance by preventing fusing/sticking of hygroscopic substances and products.
- Prevent condensation: open products should be shielded from condensation. Condensation can also damage equipment. The risk of condensation is especially high in cooled spaces or in spaces with a high humidity level (as a result of production processes). An industrial dehumidifier can solve these problems.
- Prevent fungal and bacterial growth: air drying is the best way to prevent the growth of fungi and bacteria in places that are warm, have a high humidity level and are badly ventilated.
- Prevent corrosion: corrosion often causes health risks (such as support structures collapsing), as well as high costs. Worldwide, about 5 tonnes of steel is lost to corrosion every second. Industrial air dryers can prevent the corrosion of metals in vulnerable spots, such as bridges and turbines, and improve the durability of materials.
What are the benefits of having Home Dehumidifier?
- Dehumidifiers reduce humidity levels, making your home less hospitable to allergens such as dust mites, mold, and mildew.
- They are not disruptive to your daily life, and run quietly and efficiently in the background without most people even noticing.
- Dehumidifiers help reduce odors that can accompany mold and mildew in your home—getting rid of that “musty” or “rotting” smell.
- These devices help to reduce the possibility that you will develop mold on your clothing, furniture, and other linens (such as curtains or bed sheets).
- Dehumidifiers reduce irritation to your skin and your respiratory system, allowing you to breathe easier and feel comfortable in your home.
- A less humid environment in your home means clothing will dry faster, breads and cereals will remain fresh longer without getting stale, and you won’t find signs of rust or corrosion on things like computer equipment, electronics, and tools.
- Running a dehumidifier helps reduce dust in your home, so you won’t have to clean as often.
- A dehumidifier also lowers energy costs because it helps your air conditioner run more efficiently. When the air in your home is more humid, the A/C must do the function of cooling the air and removing moisture, which means it has to work harder. This also causes your A/C to wear out sooner, which means you will need to replace and repair it more often.
Is there any charges for CoNsultation or Checking our place to see whether we need dehumidifier?
NO, Its absolutely free of cost. Upon inspecting we will advise you right system for your humidity problems.